Originally Posted by Anonymous
Ok, original poster again... I'm dealing with two stunands so this will be my last post, but please feel free to educate me further since I don't have a clue. To the first stunad, I was making an argument for a GRADE-BASED WSYL so that they could truly get the best 7th graders playing in the same place at the same time. I was basically saying the complaining about holdbacks has to stop. I was taking a pro grade-based stance, an opinion. You threw mud. I love when my son goes up against older boys because HE likes the challenge.

To stunad two Long Island has a population of almost 8 million people now - you can find this information in multiple ways on the internet. I do my homework before I post. Please tell me you don't live on the island. Also - you are telling me that no one on the island holds back their kids in kindergarten or 1st grade due to academic, social, or development issues? If you think that the answer is no, then you are truly one of the dumbest people on the planet. I talked about different types of holdbacks. ALL teams have holdbacks. All of them. Some have more than others - my point is: who cares?

The two of you stunands chose to pick and choose arguments that make no sense. Thankfully, I was able to have a decent discussion with someone on this thread who made good counterpoints (to witch I agreed with to a certain extent).

I'm the poster you had the decent discussion with. I am sure LI has hold backs, but it's probably a lot less than PA because NY has a year-end cut off date for Kindergarten so you don't have all these summer birthday's starting K later.

Also, important to remember, the first year of the WSYL, it was a 4/1 cutoff and then it got moved to 9/1. That changed things drastically for clubs in PA that could no longer bring kids with the summer birthdays. You can always add 4-5 players to fill in, but that stinks for the 4-5 summer birthdays who now don't get to share the experience with their teammates....Big 5 was a great example of clubs putting kids first and allowing them to play together for the opportunity. Lack of practice time together proved to be a difference maker against a real team like Team 91. BL looks like they were able to remove that issue, so have high hopes for them out in Denver.