Originally Posted by Anonymous
Good point - I hadn't fully taken into consideration the experience aspect of this. I gathered my opinion based on teams I saw competing and some of the banter from other forums here. I'm definitely in support of the experience and "grow the game" component to the Denver opportunity. I think you're insight points to an important part of youth sports that is overlooked as many only look at the competition side of it (which I was). I think folks should take time to see this as an experience then, instead of what many have labeled it as: a "true" determination of the best 202X team in the country.

I think people take issue with the claims that WSYL make and promote about the best 13u teams and the way some clubs choose to promote their success. People need to be real about what this event is and isn't. It's a great experience with some good/great lacrosse. It's not the best 13u players in the world or the best 13u teams in the world....I agree we get so hung up about rankings and competitiveness we forget about the fun.