Originally Posted by Anonymous
2026 Elite Division:

Annapolis Hawks - still the team to beat and what everyone else will be chasing this Spring
Arden Diamondbacks - probably should be playing AAA with AYLC moving up to the elite division. Lost many of their players to other local teams
Looney's - seems to be improving each year; always big and physical
BLC - may be the biggest team playing at this level; especially defensively.
Team 91 - have added some talent and should be one of the top teams in this division
Madlax Capital - seemed to have reloaded this spring and can see them competing for one of the playoff spots this year
Crabs - playing Elite on name only; I do not see them winning a game in this division; maybe replaced by VLC or Next Level.
FCA - another new comer to elite level lacrosse; a team to watch out for moving forward. I am not sure how many W's they will post but they will compete.

Thoughts on the year?

2026 ELITE VS PLC/AYLC LAST 9 MONTHS
2, 1 goal wins vs Hawks
2, multi goal wins vs Arden
1 tie, 1 OT win vs Looneys
1, 1 goal loss to BLC (yes, those boys are big and good)
N/A Team 91
N/A Madlax
1, 11 goal win vs Crabs (who cut my son 2 months prior, Jim's got a real eye for talent)
2 wins, 1 loss (in the HOCO championship, can't deny that) to FCA

It's a shame that we will not be in their to make it a truly competitive league with no easy weeks.

My thoughts on the ELITE year....no doubt it will be competitive and its anyones to win...except the Crabs or Arden.
-The Hawks are returning after laying an egg the summer, they lost their goalie which I think will hurt. Other than that they improved. Mike will be trying to hang 40 goals on everyone, and he will need to if his goalie is having a bad game.
-Arden lost a lot of talent. The parents last week were not excited one bit about being ELITE.
-BLC was big, they did have a 4-1 lead vs AYLC last week and blew it. But they still played well and won 5-4
-Looneys is good, they have a big kid on attack that you can lock off with a pesky dpole and he will shut himself down bc hes not getting the ball. That was how we did last summer.
-Team 91/Madlax I am not familiar with
-Crabs was horrible and couldn't transition in the fall, I heard they brought on another goalie, so that may help. Honestly, it is to be expected from a 5th grade start up. Imagine if any other teams had 20 new guys IN FIFTH GRADE! Its safe to say that most of us have 14-15 guys from last year, and 10 of those from 2 years ago. That brings a lot of trust into the game, which turns in to great play.
-If FCA has the same FO guy, they will have plenty of opportunity to get up on these other teams. He was the best in the league IMO, they also have a stud on every line that can ball.

That being said, I still believe the AAA will be competitive, as we (plc/aylc) did find a way to lose vs Next Level and Rough Riders last season, who will will see in AAA.

-Bitter AYLC dad