Originally Posted by Anonymous
BBL world series tryout was packed on Saturday- lots of talent. I think this team has a real chance of going far in Denver

It's not the talent as much as chemistry. It is difficult to compete as a team that is put together in March when the top competition has been practicing and playing together for years. Of course, a team like BBL can have a good run at the WSYL, but it is an uphill battle. Also, you cannot equate the success of the BBL 2024 with the BBL WSYL team because it will not be the same players due to age restrictions. Yes, if the regular BBL 2024 team was the WSYL team, then it makes sense, but since they are having tryouts, obviously some of the regular 2024 kids do not make the cutoff. The regional qualifier is a good way to get a feel for the team, until then, I would back off on the assessment. Success at the qualifier also makes a huge difference in Denver as the teams are seeded based upon the qualifier. BBL's 2023 is a perfect example, they had a very tough schedule last year because of their qualifier finish.

This is so true. You want to be top 2 coming out of the east. Although, not sure how strong the West teams are this year. Last year, that True Illinois team was no joke so BBL had to contend with them and the #2 team from the North which ended up being the other finalist in Denver....

I think BBL is top 2 this year. Brotherly Love (PA) is the other.

Who cares, your going to get beat down by East teams if you can't bring your summer birthdays

This is probably true, plus, but don't discount the teams form the West either...Mad Dog West and Team Colorado have very good teams, and the MDW team has been playing together for a while with a lot of success