Originally Posted by Colts21
Originally Posted by Anonymous
West coach starts where he finished last year, blows another game for team. You call a time out!

Relax, long season ahead. It was a pre-season fundraiser for cancer. Scores weren't even being kept on the scoreboard, only time. Didn't see a timeout taken by either team in the three games that we played. Obviously wasn't an option

Tough to even judge the day. Some teams played their starters the whole game while others had everyone get in. Lots of dropped balls and missed passes, and blown opportunities. But there are a ton of new players this year on many of these teams trying to figure out where they fit. The West Coach played his first,second and third players so I don’t think he was trying to win. They have new pieces that they needed to mesh in and they looked better as the day went.

Was every team like this or did anyone look pretty solid from what you saw? Just curious

My kid plays for Hills West so I didn’t see every game. Our boys were sloppy early on but played much better against Northport. We have a bunch of new starters and the coaches are trying to figure out where everyone works best. Harborfields looked really good on offense and their defense held strong. Great back and forth game with Northport and both teams seemed to be putting players in spots to see how they did. We didn’t play ESM or COMMACK but they looked ok without knowing the score and the short time I watched. Th games were one game break so you really couldn’t watch them all with a kid playing. It was a great day, well run and was well worth it. A great way to iron out the kinks before the first game.

Agreed, good day for a great cause. Nice tune up for the season. Most teams that I saw were rotating a lot of players in order to figure stuff out. Good luck to everyone this week.