Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'll put my name to this and not go Anonymous. Chris Wilkins. My son Eli is the 2026 goalie for AYLC, he was the Goalie for PLC the last 2 year and was briefly on both AYLC and the Crabs roster this fall, but we couldn't do both. Hawks are very good, they will be the team to beat this year. (Disclaimer, I am not Hawks dad, but my son had to choose between them and AYLC so I keep an eye on them and know people over there) They kept everyone and added more talent, so that's that. PLC did not "Fold", rather 13 players and the head coach left to go with AYLC as they were starting up the club program. I think I can give my honest opinion of the Crabs since my son played for them for a few months. The problem is 91 and FCA scooped up the top talent in Bmore county early and Crabs are fighting to get what they can. They will pull it together and be successful. Their Brand and time will help. FCA was one of the best teams I saw in the fall and last year and is solid all around. My son played for True in Box lacrosse this winter and we played 91 and they were fast and physical and very good. If Looneys keeps what they had from last year, we played them in a Championship game of some tournament wth PLC and won a 1 goal game. But they were very good. I do not know what happened to Diamondbacks. I believe they suffered the players leaving fate. I think that was our first game with Crabs this fall and beat them pretty good. Cannons 2026 as it was is done, they were awesome, but players and coaches split up. A team that is going to sneak up on people is VLC, they are solid on all levels and have some lights out shooters. I really can't remember too much about the other teams. These are simply some opinions with a name attached from someone who has sat and watched these teams play.

Chris that is a nice summary and finally an informative post with some thought put into it; nice job!! I am a VLC parent and thank you for the props; we are growing together as a team and definitely headed in the right direction. Hopefully this will continue in the Spring/Summer months. We were in a play date last weekend at St. Andrews in Potomac, Md; VLC, Crabs, Next Level and FCA. We played very well against the Crabs and NL but FCA took it to us; 9 or 8 to 1 I believe. We played them in the Fall and they are vastly improved in all areas of the game. I am curious to see how well they do in the AA HOCO League this year but they beat all 3 AA teams Sunday. Hopefully we will see them again but they are fast and physical offensively and defensively with good ball movement. Crabs is improved but still needs to add some more talent; midfield looked good. Looking forward to the season; GO VLC!!!