Looney's father here. The Hawks were the team to beat last year and I am sure they grabbed some more good players for this season and will be even better. That seems to be how they roll at every grade level. However, they weren't invincible last year. Looneys beat them twice in Millon's 2026 Invitational last June. Looney's won 4-3 on Saturday and then again on Sunday in an epic OT championship (OT was untimed and went on for like 15 minutes!) 7-6. Looney's lost to them in HoCo 4-5. It was the first game of the HoCo season.

Chris Wilkins, I was wondering what happened to that PLC team we played in the Blue Hen Tourney. Looneys tied you guys 6-6 on Saturday and then you beat us in the championship the next day. Great team and well-coached. Your son played great in goal. My boy is the Looney's goalie. Now I know to look out for AYLC this season. Good luck this year!

BTW, whoever said that FCA and Team 91 got all of the 2026 talent in the Baltimore area is not correct. Although Looney's did lose once each to those teams last season (both 1 goal games) we beat both of those teams multiple times each last season (often by pretty big margins). I know some kids who went to 91 this year (the better players from the Lax World team that folded). They will be better this year. I am sure FCA got some more good kids. Not sure either of those teams is going to contend for the HoCo title, but only time will tell. As for Looney's, they kept all of their starters from last year and got deeper at midfield and D. Should be a fun season.

Let's hope for sunny skies and warmer weather this season. Last Spring was brutal. Good luck everyone!