Originally Posted by Anonymous
FYI-what a waste of $$$. Let your D be a huge star at Public HS instead of paying money to sit the bench . College coaches don't watch HS lax just check the stats . I pulled my D from prep school 28,000 a year to public and she is committed to Ivy school now -go figure.

depends on your view of what a 'waste' is. many of these girls playing lax in private schools are not paying full price anyway. if you D is playing in the IAAM A then they are playing against top competition every game and probably in practice making them better for the summer club season when the college coaches are watching. My guess your daughter was getting into an Ivy regardless of a public or private education. Congrats and good for her.

I know people say high school isn't important for recruiting but it is important in training. High school coaches get your daughter 6 times a week for 2 months. Club is twic a week for 2 hours. Playing on a good high school team goes a far way in making them better players.

How much of a sales job is needed to convince your daughter that it's a good thing she's sitting at the tail end of a 40 man roster at a private school but, in the long run, the practices are worth it to further her career in college? Good god, high school sports should be about actually playing, if they have the ability, since they only have 4 years to enjoy it.