Originally Posted by Anonymous

Players need to live within 50 miles of the team's practice location. And yes, they check. You will need to send in birth certificates and report cards. Age-based tournaments are not restricted by grade. Teams have been putting together WSYL tournaments teams since the second year. The fringe players on teams going to qualifiers will be relegated to bench players. My only advice is to be selective and smart with your team choice next year. The tournament is only worth it if your team wins. That means, if you're not on Express, don't bother.

The distance criteria is 100 miles, not 50 miles. Multiple PA kids are playing on 2024 LI teams this year. You just lost all credibility as a self proclaimed expert on the subject.

What teams are these PA kids playing for? This is not meant to be rude, but I don't know of many PA kids that I've seen that would play on any of the top 4 2024 LI teams. Furthermore, Brotherly Love's '24 team is very good. They are probably top 5 in that tournament. If they're not good enough to play for them, they're not making the LI teams. I think you might be mistaken. Or you're just making things up, which is more likely the case.

Nope. HHH midi/faceoff kid is playing for Express. And best player from Bro Love is on Wolfpack this year. Both are within 100 miles. I believe both kids are on their regular team roster, not just for the WSYL.

91’s home field is in Holtsville. That’s about 150 miles from Philadelphia. Brotherly Love is based out of Philly. I suppose it’s possible, but I doubt it’s true. I know a few WP dads. I think they would have mentioned that. I’m calling your BS.

I suggest if you are calling anyone, you should call the Wolfpack dads you know. Not fake news. And 91 has no ofilliation with Holtsville. Zero. Not sure where you got that from. They are now based in Commack. And distance is measured “as the crow flies”.