Originally Posted by Anonymous
you know it all just wait when you don't get certain invites to Showcases by that time it is too late and you are stuck ... Good Luck with roster of 27 kids and by the way when it is time for recruiting let me know how many non express helmets are on the sideline in the fall and your son who has been playing since 2nd grade is now on the bench . Have fun and please save this statement and dig it out in years and let me know if i am wrong ....

The fact is, being on the top team doesn't translate into commitment to any school special unless you're top kids on the team. Look at Crush. They're the best team on the planet and 1/3 of that team is still scrambling for any look at all.

I wonder what's going to happen next year when teams get ready for the WSYL. The trend has been that teams, particular 91 and Express but all teams to a lesser degree, take on several players, including the grade above with later birth dates. I have 3 sons; 8th, 7th and 6th. My older guys team went to Denver and, luckily, he got some meaningful minutes. But more than a few kids barely played because of the new additions.

My middle guy's team took on a few kids too and there are a lot of angry parents. Go check out the 2024 forum. It's a disaster. A few of last year's starters were bumped to 2nd string and 2nd string got bumped to the bench. My guy will be fighting for minutes for certain. Big midfielders and big defenders seem to gravitate to the top teams leaving the next teir fighting for the rest.

Enjoy this season, because things are going to get ugly next year. Express already has 30 man rosters. Add 3-4 to that next year. 91 will be at 30 too and a handful of their mid-level (2nd line mids, 4th defender) will be very unhappy.

91 already has an out of state guest player they took this year. That can only get worse on a WSYL year not better.