Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone hear the rumors that Duke's Nationals is folding due to money issues? Not sure I believe it as most thing you hear about this program as rumors are false but wanted to check as a concerned parents of current team player.

Not true as far as I can tell. Look to be adding a lot more tournaments and events this coming year.

Of course! More garbage tournaments, more trash "mini-camps", more money in somebody's pocket!

While many may not agree with their business and the types of tournaments they participate in, it seems that we can agree that the original post about them going out of business is a likely troll.

Reread the post, the parent is asking for any information to if the rumor is true, most rumors have some truth to them. We were not part of Duke's Nationals but know exactly how rumors work when our son was part of Dukes South and guess what that rumor was true and a lot of good families were out money they had spent on the team and never got the money back.

There are a lot of people on this forum who absolutely hate G and Duke's Nationals. They post crap like this (going bankrupt, etc.) every few months. Many of these post have been blatantly false.

I don't think questioning the motives of the original poster is out of line.