Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Igloo's girls director is one of the best coaches I've seen around. Igloo as an organization does very well at giving the girls a lot of training for your money. Tournaments, training, winter indoor, fall, winter spring all included. They don't bump or change rosters, they don't play games. They have their own fields so it makes it easier for practice times and scheduling for the parents. Its a great organization and we are proud to be apart of it. And I have a girl and a boy in the program, and they treat both equally.

As others have said, the Igloo girls program does not attend the best tournaments. The director/coach cares about his two daughters. This is why they are most likely going to fold. He is a great coach, no question, and his daughters are great players. Unfortunately the program is not strong enough as a whole to survive. Their 2023 group is definitely the best team they have, but rely on 2-3 girls who could easily fit in with any of the other top clubs. I can't see Igloo fielding a competitive 2022 team, as the top girls who play at other clubs will not be leaving for Igloo.

Girls are not going to Igloo they have no draw. They are expensive and can't get into the top tournaments. They currently have a mediocre 24 team and a good 23 team. As the girls get one year closer to recruiting age the players are more likely to leave for another club then play at Igloo.

for those going into HS looking for a club what is the consensus on best club with low drama?:
Top Gun
YJ
Liberty

Depends what you're looking to accomplish, if Hofstra or SB are schools you're kid might want to attend then TG and YJ are the options, Liberty less drama, great recruiting ability all over the country

Liberty stinks and if you want your daughter treated like an outcast then they are the club for you. A town team trying to call themselves a club team. DG knows that's why she keeps them out of competitive tournaments.