Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think we would all agree piling it on a 4th grade team is unacceptable and things should be done to avoid that (3 pass rule, lots of subs, etc). However, even if a coach does those things, a superior team can keep scoring and preventing the other team from scoring. And no one wants to tell his kids they can't play lacrosse and try and score. It's not fair to the kids on the superior team who want to play and I think it can be even more demorilizing for the losing team if it looks like the other team is just toying with them by passing the ball around. It's a hard issue. Part of the problem is all of these elite club teams who have few equally good teams to play against (especially at the 3rd and 4th grade levels) so they end up crusing inferior teams.

Agreed. Unfortunatley it continues past 3rd and 4th grade. The post about a team winning "significantly" was not talking about a 3rd or 4th grade team. Even at the older ages some of the clubs 2nd teams are as strong as another clubs only/A team and other clubs 1st/only team are only as strong as a B team. That is okay, as long as their directors make sure they play where they can get better.

I hope within a week or two it works itself out. Last week Shamrock impact players playing this week we have school breaks. Like G'n'R says just a little patience, yeahhhhh.

Enjoy the cold it is sunny in LarryMiller.