Originally Posted by Anonymous

So should I just rely on Tourney Machine and assume that BBL is not good because they had a terrible record last weekend, or should I take the time to ask a legitimate question, perhaps there is a valid reason that they did not do well.

I would consider every "team x picked up a few beasts and is going to be unbeatable this year" post as suspect. Nobody says anything nice on this forum and half the posters are trolls. The "how's team X going to be this year" posts are generally parents looking for confirmation of their choice of club. Or coaches looking for the same.

As for BBL at Battle on the Bay, they looked weak compared to their pool competition which doesn't mean they are a weak team but rather that they were playing above their level. Leading Edge looked better. Both teams will probably fair pretty well in Philly/NJ A tournaments.
[/quote]

NJ form is a little more civil than you are saying.
Two of the three NJ teams at Battle of the Bay played well. NJ has some good players and team at all levels. It would be nice for someone to create a tournament that draws the top NJ teams together. [/quote]

Agreed, for the most part, this is forum has remained respectful, lets try and keep it that way. Regardless of team/club, the LI and Md. folks will always look down on NJ lacrosse despite the number of players being recruited to top college programs from NJ. It would be interesting to compare the ratio of total club players in NJ vs. the number of NJ players recruited to play college compared with LI and Md...I bet that the numbers are not that far apart. That being said, the success of any NJ program at the out-of-state tournaments is good for NJ lacrosse as a whole.