Originally Posted by Anonymous
Question - is it better to be playing 3rd line middie vs 2nd defense sub? Not sure if shes getting moved around a lot because her all-around game has improved (possibly) or being low on the middie totem pole limits her time on the field. Serious feedback please, I'm more inclined to let it play out through spring to see what the deal is, but we also thought she was very on the fence about making her club team...thanks.

I would expect a coach at the 2024 level to be moving players around. They are still young and should be learning all of the positions. My advice is let it play out through fall ball. Fall ball season is when coaches try to figure out players positions and lineups for the upcoming spring season. Don’t take much stock in it yet. It’s good for your daughter to learn all the positions. That’s what fall ball is about. If it continues when NGLL starts up in March, then have your daughter self advocate and ask the coaches questions so that she understands. 7th graders should be learning how to communicate with coaches now, more so than mom and dad. I’m sure it will all work out by spring.