Originally Posted by Anonymous
Jeez - this wasn't even a post about the Hawks. I was there and am not a Hawks parent. I watched the first half because the Diamondbacks were arguably the 2nd best team last year and BLC is always a strong program. BLC was controlling all facets of the game against the Diamondbacks. Won most of the faceoffs and controlled possession. Either BLC took a step forward or Diamondbacks took a step back. Or it was a cold flukey game...which it might have been.

Want some level of proof I was there - BLC was in blue jerseys and the game was played on one of the turf baseball fields at Blandair Park. I watched the first half before moving to a different field for my kids own game.

There have been a number of respectful discussions on the top teams in 2026. (It's why there is a board discussing youth lacrosse.) I like the Diamondbacks and their coaches. It's a good program but they didn't look like the same team yesterday. Which was somewhat "confirmed" by a conversation that I had with a parent.

The Diamondbacks have gone downhill ever since they merged with API. I would stay away from that program. Daddy ball is rampant, and the coaching is horrific.