Originally Posted by Man_Up
Originally Posted by Anonymous
4,000.00 is ludicrous

Along with the entire youth travel lacrosse culture. Some charge $40-50/hr for private lessons, tax free! And you know they are making well over the thresh-hold not to pay taxes.

The only way it stops is if we the parents stop paying the outrageous cost of travel lacrosse but we all know the parents with too much money feel their child will be better off playing for a travel team and paying 4k. It has to stop sometime or we will all be paying 6k before you know it!

Too many kids in school teams still cannot catch and throw and have no clue how to get a GB in a scrum. The better players need opportunities to play with kids who have similar skills... travel gets you there. Yes prices are crazy but my kid is not going to get any better playing with kids who have a huge drop off in skill level... at least that is how it is in our school district

Every parent will not boycott playing club so you will see the tuition to increase every year & when the more teams fold (i.e. Bluefish, Dodgers, LI Pride, etc) or get bought out such as the Jesters & Stampede did by 91 among other programs they own, there will only be around 8 key programs around on the island who can then set the marketplace at a figure that will be well over 5k a player... A developmental program/league needs to created like they have in Soccer to have a governing body that is making a small profit to provide different levels of play on a national stage otherwise these private programs will continue to make 40-50k per team which is erroneous even though I am a capitalist and believe these programs deserve to make money however, when they are making 150%-300% profit margins, that's when I think it crosses the line.

But I agree with the other poster with getting private lessons.I want to say that the club coaches don't give the individual attention necessary but it is difficult when managing 20-22 kids & when their jobs are to get the Team prepared with team offense/defense, man-up/man-down, clearing, riding and other schemes so Private Lessons are good for players all any merit..Look at the top pro athletes in the world and still continue to hire a swing coach (golf) (tennis) & many other sports because everyone can enhance their game plus it pushes the athlete beyond their tolerance therefore improving their game.

--------------------------------------

Very well said... funny that my son's soccer trainer (he plays club soccer as well) thought LI Lacrosse programs were far more developed and more organized than LI Soccer programs. He is originally from the west coast