Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think girls stay put. Unless there is a major issue, it's too risky for most to jump ship in the last 12 months before recruiting opens up.

I completely disagree. Yes there is risk, but it depends. Our daughter switched from 1 club in her 9th grade year (looks from a few D2/D3 programs) to another program in 10th grade and had 11 D1 offers in the fall.

It really comes down to coaching, club philosophy, and most important team chemistry. Mind you, this was a “B” team to “B” team move, but “A” teams are just the same.

I obviously don't know you or your daughter, but more looks as a 10th grader could have just been that she was a year older - schools filled their classes of 12th and then 11th graders, and moved onto 10th. Or, based on your statement that she was on a B team, maybe the schools were turned down by their A team targets and moved on. I wouldn't necessarily put it all on a club change - sounds like a normal progression.

if you play on a B team many directors will push their A players ahead of you.

DON'T count on club doing anything for you - do all your own research, find the schools you're interested in and go to all there clinics/camps - for better or worse you will be seen and evaluated by them in real time. Lacrosse Masters has some very good clinics you can attend, especially the micro clinics