Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son has been playing on a decent 2024 team. At tryouts this year I noticed a couple of the 2023's working in. Turns out these 2 2023's have dob's that allow them to play down for the qualifier and WSYL if we qualify .However even with these 2 players I don't think we will. I am totally fine with this practice as my son also has a late dob born in Oct. 2006. .....last year I watched many of the 2025 top teams play and my son would be a top player on any of those teams. Next year when this all starts to transpire at this 2025 group, Will the top teams practice this? And how do the on grade parents feel about it?

You already posted this on Aug 8. And people tesponded then.
Why are you posting the same thing again.

Prior post quote:
" My son is a young 2024 his DOB is Oct 2006. We did not hold him back. He is a real good 2024 but has some trouble with the older maturer boys on the top AA teams.I see some of the younger 2023's trying out for the 2024's to go to WSYL. I am fine with what those boys are doing. Last year I found myself watching many of the top 2025 teams. My son would be an added addition to any of those top teams. I know mys sons club wants him to play there next tear. But are all the clubs on board with this?"

Seems like your making up a story and trying to drag into forum the holdback debate.

sorry that was not me... 1st time on this thread. But looks like there are other fall dob's non hold backs in same position. I will look back to that date for responses to a similar question.