Originally Posted by Anonymous
Well you are correct about that Smash game. I would not have brought it up if it had not been mentioned by another individual. I just meant to say they did well early on and showed signs of really playing at a higher level. Of course they were stomped for the remainder of the game. In regard to JM I try not to think about it too much, but it is difficult. Otherwise it can really aggravate you especially considering the cost of it all. You are correct in regard to the things he said to the boys. Not good at all. That kind of talk is divisive as opposed to uniting the boys. My posts were not meant to praise him, but the boys. I agree the boys play for one another and moving to another team doesn't seem to provide many good options.

I couldn't agree more. After losing at NLF, Marksberry's speech was condescending at best. Very hurtful to hear as parents. In the second to last tournament, Hills vs Autism, Marksberry walked off the field in anger and left the tournament once United started losing to Harborfields. The Assistants had to finish the tournament and United lost their next game to Hills. Parents were surprised Marksberry just left. The boys deserve a lot of praise. They always play for each other and still try to please him. Parents have to teach the boys not to take what he says too seriously. There are not a lot of options.