Originally Posted by Anonymous
We have been told by our club to expect calls and texts immediately too. You have to figure that if a school is really interested they will be contacting immediately, and as someone said you'll be able to tell if your daughter is plan B. Not that there is anything wrong with plan B, most of the girls on the team are possibly "plan B", girls that aren't superstars but solid players. Like my daughter, a late bloomer.
If you haven't visited a school will the coaches offer scholarships over the phone or wait until they get you on Campus? Do they send the offers via email ? What if you say you haven't been there yet but it's high on your list. Kids do have dream schools, even if they haven't seen them in full.
I really hope my club director/coach are working hard behind the scenes on behalf of my daughter, as she's gotten numerous "interest" emails and visited quite a few schools before the rule change. Since the rule change it has been hard to get a grasp on the true interest, and all we really hear is "be prepared, the phone is ringing and your daughter should narrow her list down."
Exciting and a little stressful at the same time.
good luck to all.

No question that it is a little stressful More for the parents than for the kids in my estimation. I also don't like the "plan b" moniker. Schools will be contacting kids on the top of their list. That list is going to be widely different for most schools. Since a number of the top lacrosse schools already verballed a number of kids, there shouldn't be many suprises. The interesting thing will be if schools start bringing in girls to visit before giving offers. With the change to allowing official visits in junior year, it would be good to see the girls get that opportunity to visit before having to act. That's the way that it should be in my opinion.