Originally Posted by Anonymous
Rebels send out emails yet?

My son got the invite 5 minutes after tryouts just like 18 other kids. The tryiut was just a formality. This people is the problem with youth lacrosse. Teams are organized before tryouts even begin and they charge a 100 for tryout.

They make calls for anyone that didn't make the team. Got one today, very nice touch. At least paying the money an org can give an honest evaluation over the phone.

Rebels send out emails yet?

My son got the invite 5 minutes after tryouts just like 18 other kids. The tryiut was just a formality. This people is the problem with youth lacrosse. Teams are organized before tryouts even begin and they charge a 100 for tryout.

They make calls for anyone that didn't make the team. Got one today, very nice touch. At least paying the money an org can give an honest evaluation over the phone.

Yet Chan is the money hungry bad guy??? At least I know what he’s about! If it’s true the team was picked “pre tryout”, that’s pretty scummy! Tell people we have a “few/couple” spots and are only trying out for these positions, team is set! Don’t take peoples money, and get kids excited for hr chance to make a team! So honest and transparent but then be that all the way! IMO

Its not true.
That person is clearly just trying to disparage the club.
Do you really think they personally know 18 others who got offers for the team and knew what time all of them got called?
They are not even smart enough when making up stories to think out whats feasible before writing it.

Rebels has been very straightforward. And people on other teams feel threataned by the fact that they are changing the way parents, directors, and coaches interact. And they see players gravitating to this new organization.

And there is still one more tryout, and I know they have not filled all slots because they want to see what talent is at that tryout.

If you ask they are very willing to tell you anything you specifically want to know.

Every person at tryouts has had equal chances to make Rebels. In the end the best kids are selected. And they evaluate all the kids, and parents get a call to be advised of their childs evaluation whether they made it or not.