Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Whoever is posting this nonsense about YJ attracting new talent at their upcoming tryouts must have their head buried in the sand. Have you not watched this team struggle year after year. The smart girls left and never looked back, I would not be surprised if a few more of the better girls leave this year. Last year when 91 girls infused into the program, only one (goalie) made a difference. The others either ride pine on Thorn, or get frustrated on Wright, a team that has take a serious downturn this year, losing most games to any team with talent. Now, we know some families have to stay withYJ either because they live In Northport, are the coaches kid, or have siblings in the program (this is over half the team). As far as the Hofstra comment, many girls actually want to go there. I even have friends that play for YJ whose daughters are committed there. The older YJ teams do have an impressive list of commits, but they are also better teams than YJ 23. TG also has plenty of girls who are going to very impressive schools. The top girls on YJ, TG, and Igloo will have their choice of school providing they keep their grades up. Bottom line is that right now TG is a more solid team than YJ. The coaches BS and S Apuzzo are fair and knowledgeable and never yell at the girls. Lots of favoritism and negativity on Thorn. Do either of these teams have room for more girls is another question. As for YJ, it would be very tough to displace a starter on that team, too many favors. On TG, BS would absolutely take a stud player and start her. He also would cut the bottom of the roster without a thought. I would rather have my daughter on a team where you need to earn your spot fairly. It’s never a good thing when coaches get too close with parents. TG has earned the top team on Long Island for a reason. And we’re proud to be a part of it.

Hofstra? Common there's not a kid with any other options who would play for her, several transferred out early and many others couldn't wait to graduate and get out of there, not to mention the best team she ever had there was the one she inherited, all her recruits have come up way short. can't judge talent or can't recruit it, either way nobody there is having fun

So then don’t go there if you think it’s so bad, nobody’s forcing you. My daughter plays for TG and will not be going to Hofstra. Is that the best reason you have not to play for TG? Plenty of YJs go to Hofstra because they want to, does that make them desperate players in your expert opinion? Your obsession with SS and Hofstra is creepy.