Originally Posted by Anonymous
Another good turnout st United tryout. I saw a lot of talent there,
pretty rare for a second tryout

I think United could be one of the better teams in this age group. I was at both tryouts and walked away very impressed by level of play and the coaching staff he has!

I wonder if they will be playing fall tournaments in Pa and Jersey to avoid competition. That was a past MO.

That obviously was a silly statement. They went to Jersey and PA and lost some games so obviously the competition is there too not just Long Island. Don't stir the pot no one is biting. The team will be very good and we will see what happens a year from now.

Let me restate. This fall. Historically it has been the MO for the team avoid competition in the fall. Not stirring anything.

Actually, the MO was that other than the ones that 9D1 ran, Smash got to play the tourneys they wanted and United was discouraged from playing in the same ones because the organization didn't want the parents on their two teams talking smack about each other. Then they started going to the same tourneys and JM won a few times and all heck broke loose.

Marksberry stinks as a coach. He did not win a single tournament last year. All heck didn't break loose. He won a few individual games, but won no tournaments. It wasn't the kids, they were pretty good, it was the coaching. Dingleberry and his United team did not win a single tournament and lost to two school teams. He kept chasing Smash and the other AA teams all season, but no one wants to waste their time playing him anymore. He and his team tells people that others are scared of them.

United and Smash played in LI Laxfest at Farmingdale beginning of summer, 2018. Both teams made it to the Championship. Smash offered co-championship to United so the teams could both walk away as winners and United could at least say they won one tournament. United insisted on playing the championship game and actually thought they were going to win! United competed for the first 3 minutes, but Smash destroyed United 11-3. It was a tournament run by 91, so 91 posted a score of 9-3 so United would not look so bad. Dingleberry still runs around and spreads rumors that 91 did not support them. That's why he is a dingleberry - he is small, annoying, not dangeous but keeps hanging in there and won't go away.

Anyone rejoining United is as pathetic as the coach who thinks he is better than he really is. He lost a good attack, picked up another attack and picked up a top defender. Otherwise exact same team.