Originally Posted by Anonymous

Can anyone say anything about Mama Boyz club team ? I don’t see them at many tournaments but when I have looks like a good group of people , all in pink , clubs has tents and having fun . Seems like they do charity work for cancer . Guess that’s good for youth kid to play Lax and also do good things at a affordable rate. Any ex. Mama boyz feedback would be great . Thx

I would stay clear. Many of teams falling apart this year due to undue pressure by women who runs mamaz boys. Too much pressure on parents for nonstop fundraising events.

You are in Long Island.
You are a short drive to the best youth lacrosse programs in the country in terms of training (LIE, Legacy, 91).
If your son wants to play the game, have him join a legit program with a solid regimen (fall ball, box, summer ball) to improve.
Even if it is a "B" team of a good LI operation, your son will have access to great training.

Seems a waste to play LI LAX and not be in a legit program.

Stop. Most of the top organisations field good A teams, but not good B teams. At the B team level in those organisations, (91, express, legacy) you pay a lot for nothing.

You said your kid is mid to low skill level so far. If you really want to do travel, stay close to home where they only have one team in age bracket.
Look at BOTC tryout board. Then do some research on teams. Look in tourney at NY tournaments and see how teams have done, what brackets they played in. Look at teams websites. Call them. Good teams will talk to you.
In the end you need to put some time in to get a feel where your son fits.

Don't listen to this guy. My son is on a "B" team of 91 and has been there since the beginning. He has awesome coaches who put in a ton of time, played in great tournaments and showcases in front of really good college coaches, and had more fun than most kids do on a AA team or other teams B teams. It all comes down to the coaches and other players. Go out and try them all.