Originally Posted by Anonymous
GC tradition is a town team only. Medusa is open to players from any town. Therefore, they can't merge.

If you are a GC resident, tryout for the GC Tradition.

If you plan on playing in college play for Liberty, especially if you're interested in top academic schools

thanks! i did notice they have many girls going to great schools

Are they going to "great" schools because of lacrosse or because their parents can easily afford the tuition of "great" schools regardless of lacrosse?

What does that mean? They are committing to and going to great schools. Money doesn’t get you recruited to play unless your making BIG donations to programs.

I think the point was many great lacrosse players have the ability to play at top academic schools but cannot afford the cost on a 1/4 scholarship.

Not the original poster, but I thought their point was that if your parents can afford the tuition (and you have the grades), anybody can go to any school regardless of sports. Just because a scholastic athlete is going to a certain school, doesn't mean they were recruited there or are receiving scholarship money. They could be planning to walk on or not even play - but it looks good on the club's website. (This is a general statement, not directed at Liberty.)