Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]I have an actual question (please refrain from sarcasm). My daughter played Elevate this year and as stated above, we went to several tournaments and the competition was weak at best. the other poster is correct, we drove to MD to play some very bad competition. We did win and get a t-shirt for the win but my daughter got NOTHING out of this season. My 2022 is above average player. I also have a 2023 who is much better than average but did nit play travel this summer and will likely start next summer. The goal of joining travel this year was for her to play with much better kids, push herself and improve and play strong competition and get good coaching. With Elevate we unfortunately did not get any of those things. It was nice, with the tent, and the gear and the dinners but for the amount of money we spent and the time and money we spent on travel it was not what we were looking for. This weekend was a microcosm of the entire season. We won all of our games in blowouts and the highlight was setting up one girl for a BTB goal and everyone on the field knew it was coming. The club owner and his daughter acted as if it was the highlight of the summer. The 2023 Elevate team lost to the Jesters who didnt look that good for a travel lax team.The club owner and the daughter are just not what we are looking for when it comes to travel lax. So my question is, where do we go for tryouts in August and September. We are truly looking for them to be challenged, be coached and to get better. On Elevate my 2022 was one of the best kids and honestly, she is only slightly above average in the lacrosse world. We live on the boarder on Nassau and Suffolk and would think we have some real options. Again, I have a 2022 and a 2023. I will post in the 2023 forum as well for input. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Based on location and competitive teams TG would probably be a good fit.

I hear what you’re saying. My two cents is this: YJ and TG are not the place for your daughter this year. It will be virtually impossible for her to make the A team at thoses clubs unless she absolutely lites it up at the tryout. The B teams at both of those club get a lot of complaints and they rarely move girls up at this age. One of the reasons I started traveling early with my daughter is because I was aware of this. If I were you, I would have her try out for all the big clubs just to see where she stands and how she likes the girls. Some of them can be very clicky, entitled and snobby. You might realistically go with Legacy, or Jesters. Igloo is a great team too, but they can’t get into the big tournaments, which is a problem as recruiting age is starting.She should be on a team where you won’t just be making a donation, and she gets decent playing time. My daughter plays on one of the top clubs and there is a lot of pressure there. Your life must revolve around lax, and it’s easy to get in over your head. Good luck!