Originally Posted by Anonymous
UA 150 was well run and the swag pretty good. Players were from all over the county including a number from Canada. I saw only a few coaches watching but no more than at G8 (daughter is a 2021). Some games did not have any coaches watching. My daughter had fun and said she would play again if given the opportunity - we live in MD so not a big travel commit in terms of time/expense. Competition was slightly better last year but overall some really good athletes on the field. I think most coaches are focused on the 2020 class. The Nike Elite 120 announced an impressive coach list for 2018 but again they are probably watching the 2020 class (daughter not going but am curious how many coaches actually show up.)

The issue with UA 150 and Nike 120 is that they cost $600. The girls don't get any instruction at these events. They just play games. So what you are paying for is to have coaches watch your daughter play. Since there are hardly any coaches attending what exactly are you paying for? It's no surprise that they gave all the girls free sticks this year. They aren't really free considering what you paid. You are much better off going to prospect days where you know who is watching your daughter. They always actually get coached and instructed by the attending coaches and usually play games at the end. And cost a fraction of UA and Nike so you can do quite a few of them for the same expenditure.