Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Anonymous
They have the Town Attorney on their staff. He may be paid and he may not be paid by the express, that I can not confirm .His son also goes to St Anthony. That is how they get the fields.
Nice discussion fuel, but there is no fire underneath it. This field discussion has taken place in every youth sport since John Burns Park in Massapequa was first constructed. Stop looking for "inside information" and understand the filing process for procurement of Nassau County field space.

I have heard the OBLL complaints about scheduling and seen discussion about fields etc.

I know coaches make a ton of requests to play at certain times, certain days, multiple

games in one day, to play and avoid teams etc. So a lot goes into scheduling. We just got our schedule for this coming Staurday (today is Tuesday, this seems pretty fair to me). The time is close to what we reuqested which is fair as well. The fields are fine and the officiating is good (2 professional officials). I get that PAL produces a schedule in advance for the entire season but they also dont accomodate a lot of rquests. So, OBLL may not be ideal in scheduling but I think this topic has been beat to death. Lets go back to trash talking.

In SCPAL the director of each town is given the dates of his home games and it's his job t o schedule them on Sunday. The only caveat is the games have to touching, you can't do 9, then 11then 2, I'f the Directors choose they can reach out to other directors and make requests that for the most part honored if possible. I think it's a simpler task