Taylor Cummings has been named the new McDonogh varsity lacrosse coach.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank Nancy Love for stepping in as the interim Head Coach of the girls varsity lacrosse team for the 2018 season. Nancy went above and beyond the call of duty and did an outstanding job along with her assistants, Taylor Cummings '12, Mary Beth Todd '02, and Eva Winiarski. We will be forever grateful to Nancy for her time, expertise, and love for the team. We know the girls will always remember how she made them feel—valued, important, and proud to be a part of a special legacy.

After 14 years of complete dedication to the team, Nancy has decided it is time to step away from her role as a varsity coach. Although, she is quick to add that she will always be there to support the girls and the coaches off the field in any way that would be helpful. Nancy will continue her administrative responsibilities as Associate Head of Upper School and Director of Boarding.

As we look to the 2019 season, we are happy to announce that Taylor Cummings will be the new Girls Varsity Lacrosse Head Coach. She will also teach physical education classes beginning this fall. Taylor was a Golden Eagle during her high school years at McDonogh, playing varsity soccer, basketball, and lacrosse. She was also The Baltimore Sun's Athlete of the Year in 2011 and 2012. Taylor went on to the University of Maryland where she led the Terps to two NCAA tournament titles and was the first-ever three-time winner of the Tewaaraton Award, which is presented annually to the most outstanding American college lacrosse player. Since graduating from Maryland, Taylor has focused her attention on growing the game of lacrosse and hosting clinics and camps. She is also Regional Director for WPLL Futures, a national program for high school girls that focuses on lacrosse, character, and leadership.

Mary Beth Todd and Eva Winiarski will continue to be assistant coaches. Mary Beth, who was a standout soccer, basketball, and lacrosse player at McDonogh and played soccer at the University of Delaware, is Head of our Physical Education Department, a dorm parent, and a member of McDonogh's Athletic Hall of Fame. Eva, who played lacrosse at Drexel University and was captain of the 2017 team, teaches Middle School language arts and coaches Middle School field hockey and basketball.

Please join us in thanking Nancy for everything she has done for the girls lacrosse program over the years and welcoming Taylor back to the Nest in her new role as Head Coach! We are confident that Taylor's knowledge of the game, as well as her passion, work ethic, and boundless energy, will have a positive impact on the girls and the program in the years to come.

-------------------------------------------------------

I hope you are having a fantastic ending to the 2018 school year and are enjoying all of the festivities that come along with it. I've met some of you through assisting with this year's varsity program and others from various camps and clinics, but I wanted to take a moment to personally introduce myself to the McDonogh girls lacrosse community as a whole.

For those of you I haven't met, my name is Taylor Cummings, and I am excited to be the new Head Coach of the Girls Varsity Lacrosse program. I graduated from McDonogh in 2012 and went on to play at the University of Maryland for the next four years. After graduating in 2016, I started my own company that provides lacrosse training through camps and clinics across the country. I also play for the U.S. Women's National Team.

My most recent job, however, is one of my very favorite experiences. This spring, I had the incredible honor of working with McDonogh's varsity program under my former coach and incredible mentor, Nancy Love, and alongside two other amazing coaches and people, Mary Beth Todd '02 and Eva Winiarski. Along with our group of unbelievably talented young women, we had an incredibly successful season.

As you can probably tell, lacrosse has most certainly become my life. It has not only kept me healthy and fulfilled my competitive drive, but it has been the vehicle through which I have learned some of life's challenging lessons. I've had my share of successes and failures on and off the field, and I have been able to navigate all of them because of everything I've learned through this sport. More so, over my years of playing and coaching, I've had incredible opportunities to form relationships, friendships, and memories that will last a lifetime.

Mary Beth, Eva, and I are tremendously invested in providing these same opportunities and helping players become successful young women at McDonogh and beyond. We are committed to using lacrosse to help student-athletes learn life lessons, build character, and develop invaluable and intangible skills they will use throughout their lives. In addition, we want every player to have fun and grow as a person and player each and every day.

This philosophy is not only relevant to the varsity program but to every level and age group within the McDonogh community. I want you to know that the coaching staff and players are looking forward to sharing our love of the sport with girls of all ages (PK-12) through on-field instruction and meaningful off-field interaction.

I am so honored, humbled, and immensely thankful for this incredible opportunity, and I cannot wait to get started. If you have any questions or would like to meet with me in person, please feel free to reach out. The more we can all get to know one another, the better our program will be as a whole. Thank you for your time. GO EAGLES!!

Sincerely,

Taylor Cummings '12