Originally Posted by Anonymous
Beach Brine $200-

Brine beach lax costs $995 to enter an entire team. Why would you pay $200 to play in it? Are they only bringing 5 kids?

They have to pay coaches and their travel expenses, plus make a profit for the business. You can't expect the actual fees to be the same as if you entered on your own. However, there is a difference between making a profit and being a pig. They're still being pigs and overcharging significantly. If you figured $1,000 for the coach and his expensed and $1,000 for the club, that's only $80 more per player assuming 20 players. Should be around $120 pp.

Why should players have to cover travel expenses for coaches?? I don't get paid for travel expenses when I go to work. It is their job right??? They don't volunteer, pay them for coaching the game, the rest is on them,.

Many jobs cover travel expenses for employees when the work requires travel outside the employee's home region. That is the norm.
Seriously. I would assume that MOST employers who require their employees to travel subsidize that travel. It's not like they're getting money per mile to drive to practices, they're getting their hotel paid for and maybe some kind of money for meals during a tournament weekend. And given the greed everyone's talking about with DN, I'd be willing to bet those coaches are NOT getting $1000 per tournament + travel expenses.