I've been coming on here for a long time since my son started playing travel ball back in 4th grade. And I have to say, this will be my last time on and my last post. It's one thing if a player is posting but the back and forth from the parents is kind of pathetic and ridiculous, and I am sure at one time or another I was just as guilty. If your kid's team loses there is always someone to blame be it a player or coach. This goes on with all the team's not just one. I rarely see credit being given for a win to the wining team. Even if it is, it always seems to be backhanded and slighted.

My son is on the Northport team and yup, they are having a tough season. In reading the banter between these two posts it made me realize how any derogatory or negative remarks on here is doing nothing but hurting our kids. They read this stuff or hear it from their parents and especially in tough times, they need to focus more on banding together to try and right their ship than looking for someone to blame a loss on. I've been just as guilty, maybe not on the site but standing on the sidelines. What we say and do rubs right off on the boys. If they win, fantastic! They lose and let's find someone to demonize. The coach screwed up or a player not be named or sometimes is referred to and they all know who they are is blamed. That is right up their with cyber bullying. So yeah, I agree with the first "Anonymous" post of a heartbreaking loss and feeling bad for the players especially the seniors because after this, many will not have the chance to play the sport they love again. And I also agree with the other "Anonymous: poster to a point. Kids and coaches win the game and lose them together. There is never just 1 thing to point to. A ball bounces your way, a call goes your way or a goal is saved or made, you win or lose. As a team, players & coaches. So my point, as this reminded me of how much I used to enjoy and look forward to going to games and just watching my son play, win or lose. So for the little time he has left this year, that is all I plan on doing. No complaints, win or lose. I'll be there on the sidelines rooting for him as well as the rest of his team. Just something to think about because I know I will miss this time when it is all over and many of you will as well. Just go support your kid.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
A great game and a heartbreaking loss. Feel real bad for the players especially the seniors who have been leaving it all on the field. Another game that had them in position to win with less than a minute to play and another chance for the coach not to provide a viable play.

Another Northport loss! Long year

What nonsense, team wins the kids did it, team loses, bad coaching! The reason they lost is bad parents. The kids and the team are fine, it’s YOU!