Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
8th/9th graders on varsity is largely about the dad pounding his chest for the kid to be on Varsity and him asking to try out and be on the team and threatening to leave if he is not. 90% of the time. Dad's ego. Every now and then some holdback is that good and developed and actually belongs at that level. usually not. Go Dad's!

You're an stunad. I had a long talk with my coach about the fact that I didn't want my son to play Varsity as a 9th grader, and actually set my son's expectations to not be upset if he didn't make it. The coach agreed to not pull my son up if he wouldn't be able to contribute, and we both agreed that another year of JV would be good.

My son worked his but off, hit the gym 5 days a week, worked with the older starters and earned his way up. The coach said that he will play, although there is no guarantee, and the team needs him and his ability. So don't be bitter and take away what many of these young men have earned. I applaud any 8th and 9th grader who worked their way onto the varsity team this year.

If you have a both an 8th and 9th grade playing varsity, I have to ask, "what school your kids are in?". West Hempstead??!