Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son isn't the best on his team but playing at a club level keeps him hungry. That's my point. I don't blow up my kids head believe me but when I found out that our rec coach watches youtube videos. Come on........I'm not speaking for ALL rec coaches I speaking from experience so if you don't play for the Dukes then get off the forum. Have fun on rec!

My son doesn’t play for Dukes but we’re considering it. I’m checking out the posts on here and I’m not getting a great impression. Is there another forum for the club? Can someone tell me why my son should try to play for Dukes? We’re new to pa.

I'll be glad to share my kids experience and let you decide on your own. The good: if you are above the travel line you get to travel with the team to a variety of out of state locations for tournaments, which my kid enjoyed. The mini camps were pretty good, instruction was fundamentally sound and when they were $40 it was relatively cheap compared to other available training. I also like how they emphasized the importance of education and getting good grades and held a banquet to honor kids who excelled academically. Now for the bad, the depth chart was a complete joke, my kid decided not to play on the team ymdmand missed at least 3-4mini camps before his name was removed, the directors claim they base the depth chart from mini camp evaluations. Obviously this was not the case. Secondly after making the travel line and showing up at a tournament, other kids who were not on the team or attended any mini camps mysteriously appeared all dressed to play, and play they did. Usually more playing time than the kids on depth chart. Parents were not informed nor was there any explanation of why these kids were there. We all realized afterwards they were either invited to help the team win or they were trying out for the team, which was unfair to the kids that worked hard to be at the tournament and for the parents who shelled out a [ChillLaxin] load of money. Then there were the coaches kids who saw a tremendous amount of playing time and never got criticized or pulled from the field for bad play. Oh and the banquet, again pretty much granted to a certain few hand picked kids, was let down for my kid who had a perfect report card but never got acknowledged. Haven't been with organization for a few yrs but sounds like things have not changed much. Guess it all depends on what your kid is looking for. In my opinion, if you're looking for some extra stick time for your kid in addition to another full time lax program than this might work for him, as long as your willing to put up with the bs depth chart and alot of other not so genuine aspects of management.