It's a good point, but maybe he is stepping up in one way or another. The rec and middle school programs really do need help because they are the most accessible programs for those who don't have the time and/or financial resources to participate in club. Most club kids probably start in rec so maintaining that experience opportunity is important. My kid started there and still participates. Despite what some might believe, I've seen some pretty good lacrosse players come from rec programs. How else would they make the cuts for those competitive club teams? And, they can be FUN, a word not mentioned very often in these forums, but one that should be uttered most often for an experience meant for a child.[/quote]

I have not only seen some pretty good players I have seen great players from rec programs but to become a really good player rec alone with middle school will NOT get you there. Rec is a great place to start and middle school can be fun but there isn't a kid out there playing today at an elite level that got to where they are by playing rec alone. No doubt there is a need for rec ball but to become a high school/college caliber player one needs to play club at some level.