You my friend know nothing about me and couldn't be more wrong.

I have coached everyone of my 3 kids in lacrosse, basketball, and soccer. I played soccer and lacrosse so I didn't do a bad job there. Basketball, I couldn't hit the side of a barn, yet still helped out since the concepts are similar to lacrosse. These were all for community programs.

However there comes a time when a dad needs to step off the sideline and middle school in my estimation is where that happens. My oldest son now in high school, I noticed that my coaching him caused tension and strained our relationship as we are both competitive type personalities. Best thing I did was stop coaching him. There is nothing wrong with saying that you are no longer "the man" for the job. There is nothing wrong with also doing a frank assessment of your kids middle school athletic programs sponsored by community, rec, club, or whomever and making a decision as to what is best for them. My son is a pretty good player, do I think he is elite, absolutely not but if I am going to spend 1,000's of dollars, commute all over the place, take up valuable family time....darn right I am going to have some level of expectation as to the coaching and the caliber of play.

Wouldn't you do the same for academics? Would yout accept a subpar school and curriculum with teachers that were incompetent. Would you let your kid continue in a math class offered by a school where the teacher struggled with algebra and didn't really know what they were doing. I think not.

So again my premature ejaculator spewing advice and judgment you know nothing about me and my volunteer time so climb back into your cubicle and be bitter at the world.