Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not at all. I was at both tryouts. They had 60 kids between the two and the second one they split into two groups. One group clearly was in and the other was on the bubble. My kid is good, certainly not the best player at his position there; however, at the second tryout they said they were taking 38-40 kids which leaves out 20. My kid is clearly not in the "lesser" 20 group as they kept him with the top group all night. We have played at this same age group both rec and club since my kid was 7 years old I know the better players and my kid is right there.

Yes I drop the school and community programs because: 1. The community program we belong to is awful and falling apart. The coaches for his team have never played the game and really are marginal at best. Yes they are enthusiastic and positive but my kid is in middle school now, he needs to get ready for high school. The Middle School Team is awful with a college kid coaching that is simply in over his head.

I sat down with my kid and reviewed his choices. He bonds with his current club team and has been there for 3 years. He likes this new group at Brotherly Love and has already made some friends. What else is there to it. You may think my post is overly saccharine to BL. However, they do a great job and I don't have any problem commending them and joining them. There are plenty that seem to enjoy bashing this club for their success. I simply am an objective consumer. If I am going to spend a couple of thousand a year for club lacrosse I do my research and make the best possible choice for my kid. My kid currently plays for one of the other established programs that runs tournaments.

How about you step up as a man and do something for your community Mr. Dad of the year. It's guys like you that make me laugh. You always say the coaches never played and can't coach. Well why don't you step up and be a big man to help the community out. People like you are the reason community sports leagues are falling apart. You sit there and talk bad about the few guys that want to help out but have {Gary the Gator arms) when it comes to helping out.

It's a good point, but maybe he is stepping up in one way or another. The rec and middle school programs really do need help because they are the most accessible programs for those who don't have the time and/or financial resources to participate in club. Most club kids probably start in rec so maintaining that experience opportunity is important. My kid started there and still participates. Despite what some might believe, I've seen some pretty good lacrosse players come from rec programs. How else would they make the cuts for those competitive club teams? And, they can be FUN, a word not mentioned very often in these forums, but one that should be uttered most often for an experience meant for a child.