Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'm going to assume that being on the Dukes National team means your kid is good enough to play on one of the 3-4 better teams in his grade in your area. Most (or all) of these teams play fall, spring & summer with some optional winter. Why would you feel a middle schooler needs MORE lacrosse? And that you need need to devote more time and money. They are playing a TON and there's a reasonable argument that it's already too much. I know the reply is that my kid loves it. That's great. If he loves it he'll seek out playing and practicing with his friends or on his own. Every good player from any era has a story of where they played wall ball and who they shot around with or had pick up games with. Having constant organized training and team practices/games deprives them of the opportunity to really own their game. If they don't own it they'll walk away eventually.

Thank you, voice of reason. Why have you forsaken me for so long? You are 100% correct. MORE lacrosse is not a NEED and in many cases even a WANT. Parents enable this. The new lacrosse norm.