Originally Posted by Anonymous
So here’s the problem with dukes. Everyone pay attention - The depth chart comes out for the 24 team. And a kid who had not been to one mini camp in forever. Didn’t go to Florida , didn’t go to the last minicamp even though it was in his home state Is still #4 on the depth chart ahead of kids who always show up. G what is wrong with you? This is why half your philly players will go to brotherly love national team and end up spanking you this summer. If you readers pay attention , I’m really not sure how you can ever give this man a dime

This is an interesting perspective. We were at the 2nd Brotherly Love National Tryouts at Episcopal on Friday Night. The coach running the tryouts answered questions at the end and several of them seemed to tie into the Dukes "approach" I believe the gentleman running the tryout was one of the founders of Brotherly Love and he made a point that there would be no dad's involved in the depth chart and selection. If that remains true it will be a good thing.

I was very impressed with the two tryout sessions. However I was more impressed with the coaches they had at the tryout. Noon MLL pole, Adams, Team USA Goalie, Bates, HC at EA and former HC of Princeton, and Deniken former Wings Box Player. I think we would be hard pressed to find a more elite level of coaches for a 6th grade lacrosse team. Well done so far just hoping my kid makes the cut as the top team will be awesome.