Originally Posted by Anonymous
What tournaments is your son's team doing? Looks Like we are doing NYLA in Garden City, LI Lax Fest, Lake George National Invitational, NLF Summer Championship in Lehigh, & Run with the Best Showcase so far. The coach said that there will be 2 more added.

This is a weak tournament schedule. The NLF is good only if your team plays in AA otherwise you will get no colleges looking at your kid. The fact that you are not going to Nap Town means you will probably not play AA at the NLF. Don't come on here and brag over a sub par schedule. Your team is not going where the best teams are going so there is no point in bragging. It is not impressive.

Maybe he wasn’t bragging. Maybe he was trying to get a feel for what the schedule was. Sometimes teams will tell parents they are playing top tourney and not every parent is an expert on all tournaments. Can be a team that is being told they are an AA. Why assume he is bragging

Thank you. Obviously his kid isn't playing any top tournaments either, and has a need to belittle everyone else. My kid will do just fine with what he is doing. He isn't on a AA team, so I don't expect him to play at AA tournaments. Why go and get beat 15-2 by a bunch of holdbacks and double holdbacks. No thanks. He is already on the radar for a few good schools, so these tournaments aren't to serve that purpose. I don't expect him to be playing at a top 10 school, so I don't really care about AA tournaments. By the way, I have had some real feedback from AA parents whose kids are having a real hard time adjusting to the top schools. An 18-19 year old playing at a Syracuse, Duke, Maryland, etc, has a real hard time adjusting to playing your double holdback who is 25 and is still going to college and playing lax. My kid will be graduating and having a great start to a career, while your kid has delusions of playing in the MLL making 20k a year.

No need for this. If you already knew the tournaments were weak there is no need for this response . I did not see anything that was said about your kid. The post was they are weak tournaments. I hope you know there are AA players on B teams and kids on B teams that can play on AA teams. I hope you can get yourself to believe that and stop feeling inferior. But based on this this response you are struggling with that concept. Good luck this year.

You obviously haven't gotten the memo: if your son does not play on one of the self-chosen and so designated 'top' clubs, he is 1. wasting your money, 2. not a top player, IE, he's a B player, 3. should give up playing lacrosse altogether, yada yada. So says the lax mafia, so it shall be . . .