Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hot off the press. I just received an email from the guy that started Brotherly Love that they are going to have a National Team at 2023 to go along with there National Team 2024. Bates is the HC. That is just a ridiculously great move. Bates HC of Mid Atlantic National Team starting with the talent on Team Zeus ....I would throw up the white flag after that one.

So let me get this straight. All the BL parents come on here and talk about how Zeus is a top 5 team in the nation who can beat anyone and now BL is going to create a national team that is even better than Zeus? Seriously? Is Zeus no longer a top 5 team?

Pure arrogant money grabbing BS that just goes to show you the lacrosse community has lost its collective mind.

Big name no show like Urso, coaching at HS is too time consuming for this to work.
Plus, I'm sure the 2023's and the parents from Zeus will be thrilled with this conflict of teams.

Interesting Statement. My kid plays for Urso on Brotherly Love 2022 and contrary to what many thought when he committed to coaching Brotherly Love several years ago the man has been committed. He rarely misses a practice and they obviously work around his Garnet Valley Schedule but the man is there. Jesus, I remember him having hip surgery and being on the sidelines in a freakin golf cart for the whole tournament. You my friend are a hammerhead that really should not speak to what they don't know anything about.

Let me see here. Bates commits to coaching a Philly based National Team that will likely attract some of the best talent in the Philly Area at the 7th/8th grade level and he is the HC of an elite private school in Episcopal Academy that many parents would welcome enrolling their star players....Sounds pretty smart to me. Expect Episcopal to be in the top 10 Nationally within a couple of years. Give me a break, Episcopal beat might Malvern two times last year with lesser talent. When a team that is less talented goes 2-0 against the superior team, my experience is that coaching has something to do with the wins.

It could also mean that the kids are more talented than you are giving them credit for, or at the very least had some really good days against more talented opponents. Coaching has something to do with every win, but there are too many other variables for you to imply that "therefore the coaches are better".