Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hot off the press. I just received an email from the guy that started Brotherly Love that they are going to have a National Team at 2023 to go along with there National Team 2024. Bates is the HC. That is just a ridiculously great move. Bates HC of Mid Atlantic National Team starting with the talent on Team Zeus ....I would throw up the white flag after that one.

So let me get this straight. All the BL parents come on here and talk about how Zeus is a top 5 team in the nation who can beat anyone and now BL is going to create a national team that is even better than Zeus? Seriously? Is Zeus no longer a top 5 team?

Pure arrogant money grabbing BS that just goes to show you the lacrosse community has lost its collective mind.

Big name no show like Urso, coaching at HS is too time consuming for this to work.
Plus, I'm sure the 2023's and the parents from Zeus will be thrilled with this conflict of teams.

I really hope this works for the sake of my son. Where we are from in Canada, lacrosse activities are available 7 days 365. After moving here we were shocked at the lack of opportunity. No wonder we dominate! Anyway, it does look like the US is making progress with the national team concept. I am willing to spend whatever it takes (so is Jimmy) to get him more involved. I'm even thinking of forming a parents group so that we can take turns hosting practice sessions on that day or two when they aren't scheduled with their school, community, box, club and national teams. Gotta fill those gaps lest our boys miss the skill development, I mean fun.