Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why just 2024 seems odd. They should at least do 2023 as well. Their 2023 team is even better than their 2024 team would be a good starting core group, just need to add 4-5 top notch players to their 2023 AA Team and all done.

JN’s kid is a 2024, sound familiar? Just stop with National Team BS its just another attempt to steal other clubs kids.

My kid plays with his kid and only have positive things to say about him. Excellent player and better kid.Have gotten to know JN, quiet guy maybe too reserved for some but smart, good business man. Genius stroke to remove dad coaches on this team. Immediately makes the other local teams stocked with dad's on the sidelines look bad. I know kids that play on both Freedom and Roughriders. Both good teams but the daddy ball is what is killing them and the sad thing is that they are oblivious to it.

It doesn't take a genius to remove dad coaches. But, maybe there are benefits to having dads that other teams value over ultimate dominance? I doubt they are as oblivious as you say. Maybe they have different values? Sidelines stocked with dads might sound pretty good to some kids. Or, would they trade the experience with dad for a better chance (not guarantee) of lacrosse success. I'd like to see the research on that.

Not all dads are bad apples. My experience with 3 boys playing all sorts of sports is that the dad coaches are almost always more dependable, more invested and more longevity. You can't really pay the non-dad coaches enough for their time to make them as vested in the success of a team as a dad would be. With a job, family and a life outside of lacrosse, you couldn't pay me enough to put in the time and deal with the aggravation required to be a successful coach of an elite club team, not that I am qualified to do so. My experience is that the younger coaches, regardless of their resume, move on rather quickly and without much notice.

Agree with all of your points; however, the dads not being on the sideline can be done and can be done well. The following clubs all have a non dad group of coaches and are excellent. Mesa, HHH, NXT to name just a few. There are pros and cons to both sides and think dad's roles are valuable at the elementary school level but middle school and beyond....give it a break. Daddy ball is unfortunately the one down side and it is a big one.

Take a look at Dukes HC Danowski coaching the USA Team. When he was't the coach his son didn't make the team and now that he is the HC.....look at who made the final cut over a ton of better attack men.