Originally Posted by Anonymous
Your clueless dude and I am guessing a dad coach. The only thing I see when a dad is on the sideline.

1. Their kid gets a preferred position
2. Their kid gets more playing time or in some cases really doesn't come off the field
3. Father and son relationship that is not healthy.

I coached my kid when he was younger and the best thing for our relationship and his game was when I stepped away. If your still coaching your kid in middle school it is because you are giving him preferential treatment to help him or living vicariously through him. Your in denial daddy ball is a major complaint for all of these teams.Parents don't necessarily say it on the sidelines but don't kid yourself they are behind closed doors over a beer. Put down the rose colored glasses. On my team the two dad coaches kids play attack and they have no business playing there let alone for the whole game. We lost a kid on our B Team that was clearly better than the two dad's kids playing attack on the A Team and that kid then goes and makes the AA Team for the other club. How do you go from B Team to another clubs AA Team.

Sorry you are a part of such a horrible club. I take all of these evaluations with a grain of salt. Yes, sometimes the coach's kid is undeserving and sometimes it's just a convenient excuse for other parents whose kids aren't quite good enough. If you aren't happy, you should move along and stop talking crap over beers behind people's backs.