Originally Posted by Anonymous
My kid repeated 8th grade and had a killer year this summer...he steamrolled so many smaller players and looked amazing. Coaches were watching him all summer, I only wish we delayed kindergarten so we didn't have to pay for private school but it was well worth it!

So, as I read this, in my mind, I go, "Sarcasm, right?". Buy then, I think more on it and, scarily enough, I've met people in the lacrosse world that truly believe this . . . and even more scary is that they are also willing to admit this. So, the question is now, "Is this sarcasm or not?!".

Definitely hard to tell nowadays...

Then you and the other dude are morons.

You obviously missed the point that I have met people on lacrosse fields that truly say stuff like the post, so it does make you wonder . . .

Totally agree. I have had similar conversations with people who try to justify the fact that their 17 year old freshman is playing my 14 year old freshman and try to convince me that I should do it now because he is an October birthday and I'm nuts for not holding him back already.

As an October birthday who played football in college at 17, I agree you should consider holding your 14 year old freshman back or having him do a PG year. The extra year of maturity before entering college will help him get more out of the experience.