Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just for the record YJ 2023 beat Skywalker's, Hero's Green and MD United at the Lax for the Cure Tournament . I think the Long Island players are better. I would just like to play those Maryland teams in a birth year only tournament and see what's up. This holding back and having kids on the field that are 12 to 16 months older is ridiculous. At this age for girls and makes a massive difference.

Knock it off. Girls don't holdback like boys do. The girls schools don't allow it. I know the LI club directors feed you that excuse on why you can't beat the MD teams consistently, but it's just not true.

Then explain why two years ago when UA posted players DOB more than half the Baltimore metro and 3/4 of the DC team would be considered hold back ages. Long Island had a few 2-3 but also had a few that would have been considered normal for the age below if they lived in MD.

This is actually true news. Is that what they call it now? Anyway, yes Under Armour prints up the All American book every year with info on every player selected, and yes they included the age group and the region and the date of birth. It caused a big stir. Notice last year they deliberately left the date of birth out! I really could care less if the kids are several months older on average. Don't need to make up an excuse as to why the md kids are so competitive. Bottom line is they are good lacrosse players, just like many of the girls from LI, NJ, CT, VA, NC, MA....... let's get passed the age thing.

Don't ever list NC ahead of MA in women's lacrosse. Thank you.