Originally Posted by Anonymous
Enough already. Who gives a crap!!

What would you rather discuss , which team won the showcase tournament that barely any of the committed kids show up at. Agreed with the previous poster except many of those schools do make considerable offers to their top recruits starting year 1. By considerable I mean over 50 percent of the cost of attendance .

LOL, right. . .let's talk about who's beating up who and which club stinks! OP, and yes, you're right. From what I've heard and "learned" from coaches, top 1-3 recruits incoming will get over 50 percent, then a drop down to 15 to 20 percent (per year guaranteed) to next group, then book money (1-2%), then nothing (which doesn't mean these aren't good players....they may be in state for state schools). A public school tuition like MD or UVA for even an out of stater is already half of a private. . .so many of the Big 5 can go low early and high later which makes the guarantee less odious. And this obviously is one hearsay story...each coach has a different MO. Of course, there's always that one parent whose kid got the FULL RIDE. . .and I believe it! </sarcasm>

I know Boston College and Duke have alumni donate scholarships to sports, So they have those and then the ones the school offers

No. Well yes. That's how BC funds some of their scholarships. Assume u r correct about Duke. They are not in addition to "the ones the schools have to offer." Every school gets to offer 12 scholarships in women's lacrosse. Some schools aren't "fully funded" by their athletic department and don't actually offer 12. Some, get fully funded through their athletic department. And some, BC as an example, use a combination of athletic department budgeting and endowed scholarships from alumni. They still only offer 12 total. It's just a question of where the money comes from to fund them.