Originally Posted by Anonymous

My son plays for the Dukes National Team and in all honesty Saturday was embarrassing and there were more than a few parents upset about the arrangements. That was no more than a money maker based on the conditions these kids were asked to play in; what real evaluations could have been accomplished?? With all the money being shelled out for the mini-camps you would think an indoor facility; like the one 50 feet away could have been obtained. Shame on you Dukes!!

Did it suck to play in the snow? Yes!
Did everyone get cold? Yes!
Did the kids play to their potential while slipping in the snow? No way!

Was the indoor facility available for rental? I have no idea. That building looked pretty closed. FWIW, if you go on the Coppermine web site, the indoor facility costs less to rent than that field (although Dukes may have gotten the field for nothing given the conditions.) It's probably not easy to rent an indoor facility at the last minute.

Most mini camps are pretty positive and provide excellent training. This one just separated the frostbitten from the non-frostbitten.

Then the right thing to do was to cancel it; do you really think evaluations occurred? Very disappointed in my own club!!

Sure, but when could they have made the call? When Loyola backed out at 1pm? Not a big deal for the folks driving down from Philly or the local MD and VA kids, but what about the families from CT, NY, NC and CA?