Originally Posted by Anonymous
The big 10 rules state that all scholarships must be 4 year offers, it is the only conference to do so. All other conferences are year to year, if anybody listened to the news, or actually did a little research you would know. I found out by listening to news radio about 2 years ago.

Maybe you should have listened to the news a little more yourself, your wrong.
Or how about this one , it explains it a little better for a wise [lacrosse] like yourself, but to dumb it down for you they both say that NCAA rules changed a rule that started in '71 and
lasted to 2012 saying schools can only offer 1 year at a time to multi year deals, but most schools do not , only the big 10, at this point, makes all offers 4 year mandatory..... but please tell me I'm wrong again to prove how stupid you sound

So just to be clear, you are saying only big 10 schools give out 4 year deals?

That is what he originally said but is now trying to back track on because he was wrong . Big 10 is only conference that mandates all offers be guaranteed for 4 years , all non big ten schools can offer multi year scholarships but are not mandated to do so . My daughter received offers from schools from several different conferences and all were guaranteed for 4 years as long as she remained academically eligible .
Honestly, you people are either very dumb, Or are so afraid of being proven wrong that you will twist anything to suit your case, this is my original posts first sentence..."The big 10 rules state that all scholarships must be 4 year offers, it is the only conference to do so." What is so confusing about that? where do you see me backtracking ?what your daughter received was an offer (and seeing as you're this dumb, I'm sure you tell everyone it's a "full ride") for 1 year that Her coach will honor for all four years, but the coach is not obligated, in any way, to honor that commitment next year unless she is in the big 10. If your daughter gets arrested, or hurt to where she can not play, or her play falls off for any reason, or if the coach leaves the program and a new coach decides to not renew the next year, your daughters offer is done. Neither the school or by any other conference rules do they have to honor the scholarship. That is the meaning of a Guaranteed 4 year offer, you get that amount no matter what happens except failing grades.