Originally Posted by Anonymous
The YJ team and its coach are in a difficult spot with so many girls committed and wanting to compete at a high level, while still having a handful of kids mostly on defense still trying to get seen and committed. I don't envy the position the coach is in. For every player and family that is happy there are several that are disappointed and I don't see that ever changing. There has to be a better way of doing things if they really care about the kids. Why not limit fall events to kids not committed from various YJ teams. Do the committed kids really need to play in fall tournaments.

Because then you would not have enough kids to form a team and if you then just put them with jones team no one would be happy. Its an impossible situation because there are several reasons that kids play travel . On one hand kids are playing hoping to get recruited and on the other hand you have recruited kids looking to play in competitive games. I have a suggestion that I have not heard before. Make the games two 25 minute halves, the first half no score is kept and play mostly non recruited kids the second half score is kept and teams play to win.